Saturday, April 09, 2005

Good News!

GoOd nEws!
Time has elapsed and I am back with this entry. So many significant events have occurred during this period of time. I am aware that there are people out there who are concerned or 'kaypoh' with wat's happening to my life, or visit this site once in a while for bed-time reading, sorry to disappoint sometimes cos this is not going to be written to satifsy public wants.

Yesterday was quite a day for me. After half a day of work, went to K box with Chio, Boy, Ming feng and Jiwei. Quite an enjoyable karaoke session i say then off to Toa Payoh Safra where we had a game of tennis. Last time i played tennis was like back in VJ, so took some time to actually be able to hit *proper strokes. (* proper as in they dun fly up high and over the fence?) Next was a meal at LJS when boy chio and I were reminiscing about the times we played in chuida. Then came the thought of performing again in the ensemble,so how about a chuida concert? We'll gather all interested personnel, practise and we can relive the days performing on stage. Yeah, then came all the admin problems that we'll prob face to organise a concert like that: venue, instruments and shicheng which I should not attempt to elaborate here.Standing in Mr TTK's shoes, it'll defintely be a disappointment to see a group of us wanting to play for Dunman and not shicheng. I suppose more details will be out later when our nominated ( by three of us) chairman comes back from HK... Ha Ha!
Next was watching the movie "The Pacifier" which I think Vin Diesel did a good job playing the role of the nanny with the Plummers.

Good News! Ms Ling called again and offered me to relief teaching at Dunman for three weeks b4 June holidays which I gladly accepted. Relief teaching, besides paying well, gives me a golden opportunity to experience teaching in front of a class. Of course, I don't deny that there is this inherent fear that my legs will just go soft or I will go dumb in front of a class but this is a chance i will not let it slip by. By the way, I am supposed to teach Sec 3 Geography, a subject which I did not do at A levels. I am glad that she trust me with the job and I sincerely hope that I can live up to her standards and expectations.

Good News to share with everyone:
1) I am planning to go to Taiwan in July this year hosted by Andrew. $300 on air tix and accomodation provided for! What more can i expect? Just hoping that some of us can change our minds to go there instead of staying in Singapore.
2) My understudy Seb got into NUS! yeAh he called just now and he was so glad. It is really hard for a dip holder in Sing to make it into local U. They always are so biased towards JC students.
3) I will get my last NS pay today, meaning my ORD date is in sight and that also means a lost of income (OMG!)
4) I went to the canon training course last week and finally got more proficient in using my powershot A95.K, i know I am not good with this kind of thing...
5) Got a new tuition kid who happens to be WO Lui's son. Expectations are high so I better make sure he performs.
6) A new blog design is supposed to be up so stay tuned. ( I have this habit of promising things so that I will get my hands started to do it)

No comments: