Saturday, April 23, 2005

I am a quitter

I Quit!
Went for small arms platoon dinner @ TAste of Thailand at Sembawang Shopping Centre. Was late along with Lionel and Selest. Dinner was Pineapple rice, prawns and a few bits of Kang Kung. Enough said, who asked you to be late in the first place? Haven't seen the guys for quite a while. The feeling was still great despite some unfamiliar faces, but there was just something missing, as though you do not really belong to this family anymore. Only managed to catch up with some of them, like Yuan Cheng to see how they are doing.

Three more days to D-day and I would say this day is being over-rated. Or is cos I have been clearing my leave for the past two mths? It was indeed a growing and maturing experience for me, by meeting people from all walks of life and also providing a glimpse of the working life that lies ahead of me. Perhaps I was one of the more fortunate ones, being highly myopic did not allow me to be fully deployable and my NS life turned out to be as though i was doing a 8-5 job. Throughout these 2+ yrs, I was constantly seeking some kind of motivation else I thought i will be a walking zombie in camp, just existing instead of living.

Back in JC. i yearned to know how to play a guitar and bought one without giving a second thought. After a few weeks of meddling with the strings, i lost interest and it ended up in the corner of my room, collecting dust.I quit. 3 yrs down the road, the guitar aint there anymore, I really wonder where it is now...? (hinting someone who borrowed to return, you knoe who you r)

I also have attempted network marketing, something which promised big bucks with hard work. True enough, I realised I did not have what it takes , and I guessed there were other issues which prevented me from continuing. I quit.

Seeking to find another source of motivation in my life, ACCA was next. I thought having a background in accounting will give me an edge over the others and I signed up for it. Without attempting even one paper, I quit, giving excuses to myself that accounting aint for me and that I did not have time to prepare for the paper. I quit.

Asked to become Unit Anniversary's secretary and i thought to myself why not since it's gonna be my last assignment. Yes, I guess i did not stick to it in the end, I could have,but somehow there was this miscommunication/ lack of communication betw the vice-chair and me and of course they have this more capable secretary helping him. I thought to myself "the Earth will not stop spinning without u anyway"

The most present one must be GTS 05( Global Trader Summit)on the 26th and 27th May. Somehow I was supposed to coordinate the registrations for this event but this relief teaching offer came and i grabbed it. In their eyes, I am just a temp staff and the new things I can learn from this job are diminishing. I quit once again.

Perhaps this is a character flaw of mine or perhaps it's just external factors that somehow influence me to quit these several occasion occasions. Anyone care to enlighten?

3 comments:

incognito said...

i quit learning the guitar, using my skate scooter and learning aikido. don't worry so much. i feel that in life we just aren't cut out to do certain things.

Xiong said...

Thanks Geordie for your comment, it really helps!

Anonymous said...

HI, I was reading you blog. I just made a website, please let me know what you think about. It has to do withlung cancer life expectancy and is located at http://stopsmoking.e-moma.org andlung cancer life expectancy. By the way, nice blog!