Monday, February 18, 2008

Departure on SQ

I got the chance to take off from Terminal 3! No big deal actually but the packing prior to that was more than what I expected to be.
1 going on SEP
2 women packing
3 in the household
4 luggages in total.

You've got the picture, and my check in luggage was an impressive 34kg! 4kg more than what I was given, so i decided to muster my biggest smile to the lady in the counter:

Ok, i lied, i dint use my smile, but I think it was the above face that allowed me to bring an extra 4kg of baggage in. (I really wonder what the 2 women packed inside)

And *drumrolls*, introducing my room mate and traveling partner for the next 6 mths!

Jared Wong Wei Ming! Ok, for girls who are interested, he's truly a coffee fanatic and can tell you which starbucks in Singapore sells the best coffee. We'll save the rest for other occasions cos i think we'll see him around for quite a bit.

Singapore Airlines- A great way to fly!!
Due to my (intentionao) last minute booking, Mr Moe had no choice but to allow me to get a SQ ticket. My second time on board the national carrier, armed with what I learnt in tourism, i decided to scrutinse the Singapore girl from top to bottom......

This is what I saw, ok, i stole this picture from the internet but then they looked pretty much the same. Bun up hair, red lipsticks, sarong kebaya, red or purple nail polishes? Despite some criticisms from feminists as the national carrier using the exoticness of the Asian female as the marketing icon, I am glad that the company has identified it as a strength for their advertising campaign. Fancy imagining them using the merlion to attract travellers.
Overall ride was exceptionally smooth with the occasional cries of infants, i slept for more than half the journey, and managed to catch Ratatouille on the Krisflyer entertainment!

Updates on London coming up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha yes they cant use the merlion as their marketing tactic! They've gotta use the hawt local babes :)