Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week 10 Sunday

Clearing all the cobwebs from this cyber space, it's more than 3 months since I am back in this city-state. With shouts of "pu kua pa" every one month reminding me to blog, i thank all these people around me who is embarking on this same arduous path with me, my last academic year in N.U.S.

Having bold plans to blog about every city i visited did not work, nor arranging and admiring the multitude of photos. Memories seem so far away, those carefree times, those days I cooked dinner- ham and cheese omelette, tom yam soup with chicken, brocolli and carrots. Fastforward to this rat race, attending classes and meetingdeadlines, arguing on this, espousing on that, critiquing on this-that. (Not) knowing the difference between time-space and space-time, structuration and structuralist, I ask myself whats the significance of all these.

From shi.le.nahu.ang@iamafeminist.com, to password:Ilovegeogr.grahy, from being ditched by David ha.rvey and Foc.ault having a photo of you in his wallet, none of these most will understand. these are what keep us sane for a while. Admist all these 'mindless' debates about manifesto, visual-centralism, tracing the polit.cal econo.my, I wonder how long these will stay in me and i constantly ask myself and God the purpose of doing this discipline. My heart cries out for the marginalised in society, but more so for the children in the region without the life-chance of making it to school, thinking about when his/her next meal is. My God above too cries out for the the unsaved, the unevangelised. everyone.

Why am i fretting over which destinations I should go for my next trip, wha grades I have for each assignment, where do i store my money to prevent inflation when it's kingdom culture, values and vision that i should embrace. Its tough, i know, having been of the world, engulfed by the bombardment of images and messages. My heart hardens, get so numbed by my surroundings, i think its about to bleed.

"Break my heart for what breaks yours, everything i am for Your Kingdom's cause."

No comments: