Monday, March 07, 2005

pRePaRaTiOnS fOr tHe bIg dAy

pRePaRaTiOnS fOr tHe bIg dAy
Some of you may have already known, I was comtemplating between going overseas for a holiday or organising a party for my twenty-first birthday. Hong Kong or Taiwan was my preferred destinations, sadly, there weren't people available for a getaway in the first week of March. Moreover, I only informed them like one week b4, hence I settled with the idea of having a chalet.

Location wise, I was quite keen on booking Aranda COuntry Club for being spacious and its location. I wanted my guests to enjoy themselves and feel comfortable. The only drawback was the pricing of the chalet, it definitely ain't cheap for booking a suite on weekends where supposedly most people will be able to attend.
Secondly, it was the guest list, this party was for my close friends and acquaintances from different stages from my life to attend. Family and relatives cannot be neglected. Out came a guest list of almost 70 people. Oh my Gosh!
I did a lot of research on catering and buffet menus, spending almost one whole day calling these caterers, asking them to e mail me their menus and details, only to come across this small line on the Aranda web site" No outside caterers are allowed". That leaves me no choice but to cater for 50 people at a whooping $12 per head!

Friends like Senny, Calvin, Sebastian, Gene, Nest offered to help at the chalet and Two of my closest camp mates volunteered their services (or did I assign them?) as Present IC to coordinate efforts to get a present and a food IC to source for food caterers. Three of my mum's ex colleagues also offered to sponsor the cake. Everything seemed to be in full steam in preparation for the big day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

erm.. assuming that nest refers to me..

i am honoured and thank you~> haha..

i will not arrange a tennis session on your birthday next year~!