Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Contemplating...

Contemplating
Still contemplating over certain issues for my university. Got to decide by 30th June which essentially means that I have slightly more than 1 week to make the decision. Here goes:

1) Language Preparation Programme for Student Exchange Programme (SEP). Yes! I want to go France for my SEP, i wont dare to say I know many things about the country but there is definitely something about the language and the culture that attracts me. Experience the Parisian's way of life in those cafes, the Eiffel Tower glistening in the distance. Hey, I also be able to visit neighbouring countries, UK to visit Eugene (time to do a who's who page, so that people will know whom I refer to in my rantings), Barcelona, London, Milan, Rome, Vienna, Stockholm, Zurich are all cities that I really want to visit.I even wish Paris will be able to win the Olympic 2012 bid. So if i am to be involved in this programme, i will need to take 4 french modules and I will be able to speak basic French for my exchange.
However, language modules in NUS are heavy and often time-consuming, it's goona take a lot of effort on my part to try to master the lang in a short span of 4 sems. Think how long you have taken to write and speak English fluently. I also cannot allow these modules to pull down my cap score which I will need to maintain at a certain level. Taking French classes outside @ Alliance Francaise is an alternative but of course it will be a financial liability. Sigh, still contemplating... Meanwhile, any khakis?

2) Yet to apply for my Hostel in NUS. Waiting for Alex to see whether he'll be able to switch to NUS in the first place then there will be the possibilty of bunking together. Double room rates will be more affordable, but only thing is that Kent Ridge does not have double rooms and there has been an agreement with Yuwei, Mingfeng, Ah Chio to stay @ Kent Ridge. I wont be able to choose my room mate @ NUS too, unless we pull string which will be possible at Eusoff since my cousin is there and she offered to help. No doubt there will be inconveniences with a roomate around, but both of us should be quite accomodable to each other's habits. So now, the decision lies: Kent Ridge Hall Vs Eusoff Hall?

Will be going to HSA (Health Science Authority) to donate blood along with Calvin tmr. Hey I have been a regular blood donor since JC2 and i hereby urge all people who fit the criteria ( must be at least 16, no illnesses, no unsafe sex blah blah) to go try donting blood. It's a good deed afterall and you get to save three lives as your blood gets separated into three portions. For more info on how you can save lives and be a blood donor, pls visit HSA website.

2 comments:

incognito said...

did u consider learning french from e-prep? its only $184. allaince francais will cost a lot more. i use to go there so i should know. i got some french language books. lemme know if u r interested.

Xiong said...

hey thanks Geordie, but are we still eligible for E-prep? I also have borrowed somebooks from the library.