Friday, September 23, 2005

End of Mid-term Break

End of Mid-term break
This mid-term break has indeed come timely, finally a chance to slow down the pace of things going on around me, the chance for me to re-evaluate the direction in which I am heading in this point in time, or simply the chance to breathe freely once again. Gone were the days in army that were carefree, just head to camp, hang out and talk crap with close buds, awaiting for 1730 hrs everyday seemed to be some sort of motivation everyday. It is indeed an irony that many of us, as an NSF grumble and complain about the lack of freedom we have then, and now reminiscing about the life we had in army Or perhaps I am the only one?

It's definitely crunch time for many of us in NUS, 4 mid-term tests and an essay of 1500 words due next week. However, despite the 'supposedly hectic' timetable I have drawn out for myself, I managed to squeeze time to catch two movies! Namely Eric Khoo's 'Be With Me' and Jackie Chan's 'The myth'.(Yes, i was at the premiere, all thanks to Eugene). I am not that good with movie reviews but shall just add my personal touch to it since you do not need to visit this site if you want to know what the movies are about.

'Be with me' is quite an arty-farty film I should say, if you have not already known, it's a local production rated M18. The only thing I heard prior to watching is that this movie is that there consist of 3 stories interwoven together and one of them depicts the love of 2 lesbians. That was probably one of the untold reasons why my KR OG(and yes, I went for the outing) decided to watch the show? This show had less than 40 dialogues between all the characters of the story added up. The director was effective in using different techniques from the characters' SMSing, a third person narrating typing away on the old fashioned type writer, to deliver the story. There were occasional yawns from the audience throughout the 1 hr 40 min show but strangely enough, no one from the group fell asleep. It was only after the show which we discussed about that some of them actually shed some light pertaining certain issues that were highlighted in the show. I will give it an overall rating of 6 stars out of 10? If you still do not understand what I am trying to say here, do visit this website


The typical Jackie Chan movie, with his signature showcase of dare-devil stunts and exciting fighting scenes, Jackie will play dual roles - one as 3rd century Qin Dynasty general and a modern archaeologist in "The Myth". The story line seemed pretty logical to me at first but as the story slowly unfolded, the last part was totally absurd as you see Jackie Chan and Korean star Kim Hee-sun performing anti-gravity flying stunts(as if they have qing gong or somthing)among numerous ancient Qin warriors floating in mid-air due to some ancient metorite stone in the vicinity. One thing I must mention is the sheer beauty of Kim Hee-sun. Am not a fan of Korean drama but guess she will be my idol of the month or something. Overall rating: 6.5 stars out of 10, I rememebered Jackie Chan's previous show "New Police Story" appealed to me more

Gosh, I spent about 40 mins typing this entry in the central library instead of trying to complete my essay and tutorials. Anyway, just for laughs, I have decided to upload one of my Taiwan photos below, have a great weekend ahead!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Help! Falling Rocks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

U noe one of the "lesbian" is from NUS Real estate? Not the Ericia Lee's sister of course... Probably y they watch?

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love this pic, seeing the close up version is extremely entertaining! way to go for more of such cool pics whee!

goodnight sweets. remember we're suppose to work together and push each other for the magic no. 4! only then can we have guilt free fun in the hols. cheers

Xiong said...

Yeah, I heard she is from NUS too!

Xiong said...

Hm, I was thinking of pushing ourselves to the magic 4.5, oh well 4.25 should be good enough. See ya in sch!

incognito said...

y nvr chio me to a movie??

Anonymous said...

finally!! a Photo of ur trip!!! i've been waiting patiently ok ;p
chk out the woman's amused look on her face.. lol
u guys must have had such a blast :D
more photos pls!
*hugs

hs

Xiong said...

Hey that was Andrew's mum for your info!, Sorry I know I havent uploaded the photos, still trying to acheive the equilibrium in my life. I wanna go Aussie next yr!!!

Anonymous said...

rite. ah drew's mum. hmm *rubs chin* i shd have known better. well that's proof then that it's been a blardee long while!

err. go melbourne la, more fun than here. hur hur. plus u have nan-sheng there to put u up. and he'll be in oz for a longer time than i will be ;p\

hs

Xiong said...

hm, very tempted to mention something about wat u do in friendster, ha ha

Anonymous said...

what i DID. not do.
and. dunch u dare.
bleh.

:D

hs