Friday, September 02, 2005

Yeah, I know my posts have been sparse. Too many things have happened recently and often I thought i have something significant to update, something else has already happened. Thanks for the comments for my previous posts from anonymous, realli appreciate them, will definitely bear that in mind.

Carmen actually messaged me a Happy TEacher's day MMS, which includes one of the my pictures playing the suona in sec 4? Well, it goes something like this: "ohmygod, u lool fat, thanks for all the guidanceand help u've given me.." oh Well, i was not born thin, perhaps the PE and RT training back in Vj helped. Will need to maintain a certain level of fitness for IPPT, which brings me to the point that i ran for road race for KR today. It wasnt a superb run, the central library slope nearly killed me, but then my block won overall champions anyway. One of the guys clocked 7 mins * sec for 2.2km, breaking the KR record. Next was volleyball training for the match today which we won and which i played less than 30 mins, well they had better seniors around to play. But dint realli had the experience to play in a competitive Vball match b4 and the atmosphere was indeed tense.

For hall life, currently has taken part in Frisbee, Vball, road race. Colin/ Yuwei actually commented that they saw me around twice in two weeks which probably qualifies me as a phantom of KR. But oh well, guess that does not bother me anymore. Came to terms that I will only do things that I enjoy doing in hall,wont do dumb/ useless things just to get the points required to stay in hall next yr. Dint make the cut for hall acapella, wont dare to say I have the sports genes to make it for inter hall games next sem, prob will have to join some committees to stay on, shall see how? Besides hall stuff, currently i am a member of the NUSSU Bizcom where we organise, market and get sponsors for NUSSU events. Good chance for me to learn something new like marketing which i dun realli have the chance of doing in NUS. Weining also requested that I be part of the committee for the 2006 inter JC economics quiz, which automatically qualifies me as a Econs Soc member. Yah, I know that Ishould be more involved in hall rather then outside activitiis, but then seems like the projects that KR is doing now more or less involve in KR bash and the hall production.

Enough of coms, I sometimes think to myself that I shud realli try to pick up a sport or smth, to keep fit and learn a new skill. Also considering some volunteering organisations like NVAC or the rotaracts who be heading to Cambodia next year. I believe going on such mission trips will shed a different light on me, making me appreciate the many things i have taken for granted. Tennis, karate or VBall( For IHG) are prob games that I might consider?

Some good news:MOE increased my scholarship allowance according to PSC guidelines! Hm, came at a right time , we'll get more subsidy and Laptop allowance. Hm, and finally announcing that i can use the extra money to pay for my french classes, which is supposedly to start this Sat! Kinda excited and hopefully when i Go for exchange: UK ( Imperial College) or University of California Berkeley, then my French will be put to good use if I were to tour Europe two yrs later.

Work has been piling up recently, Being a chem majorAm still coping ok with my chem modules though lab work absolutely aint my cup of tea, being a chem major but then my Linear Algebra is really killing me, someone even teared during the tutorial when she dint understand a thing. I thought I was in the same plight as her.

Still trying to strike the balance betw my family, social life and hall life. This equilibrium, if not kept in check, will prob bring many regrets and remorses in the future.It really is high time to consider what I realli want from my 4 yrs of undergrad studies here in NUS( ranked 18th in the world)(yeah right?!)
Hope everyone is doing well now, those busy with Exams, coping in hall life, struggling in army, aint coping well studies, remember, i am just a phone call away.

No comments: