Saturday, September 10, 2005

Friday is my free day

I shall declare that Friday is my free day! Realised that my "Understanding the Universe" lecture is an utter waste of time, and this has been verified by Waty, my JC classmate and senior in NUS who has kindly offered to give me her notes for this module.

And, so this morning joined Meng, Vin and Gene for KTV @ Suntec City and goSh! Eugene managed to sing quite a number of mandarin songs and he sang pretty well too with his 'Unchained Melody' vocals. We are so gonna miss him when he goes to Imperial on 1st Oct. I feel he's the most steadfast fren among the group, always dependable, just a phonecall away. Always the provides the most logical advice among the six of us. That's goona leave only Nest, me, Meng and Vin in Singapore.

I went for tuition this afternoon at Wo Lui's house. I think I am getting a bit impatient with Jon, hm, to me sometimes he does not seem to pay attention to what i am saying. But from another perspective perhaps, what I am saying he may have heard it upteen times. He seems to have too much tuition outside excluding mine so pple have been nagging at him for the same reasons. He is improving, I can feel it, but then it;s not fast enough. Perhaps my teaching methods aint right, I rem my previous tuition kid's brother I was teaching, he dint seem to improve much too. But hey my sec4 kids did well for their prelims! from 36 pts to 72 pts over 100, thanks to their wonderful tutor!

Dinner was at Asia Pacific breweries. Thanks to Andrea's friend who won a lucky draw, a group of four of us, plus the whole big group of peeps from NTU hall 7. Met some familiar faces and Sam loy was one of them. There was free flow of food and of course beer which included Tiger, HeineKen, Erdinger, Barons etc. Played games like INdian poker, a pathetic game of pool which we lost and had to drink as a result. Pretty much uneventful but still a place with nice ambience, great beer?

Back to KR, and my block, prob to celebrate ourselves being the Champions of IBG, decide to have a drinking session so I just brought the vodka which i have brought form home up. I dun dare to drink much cos the beer earlier, but then the rest were drinking away with whiskey, Baileys and others unidentified. I was rather surprised when I realised some of my female seniors actually smoke. Well perhaps they are just social smokers, I rem previously I was also offered a cigarette over at Jensen's birthday party, glad I dint accept it. Just in awe to know so many of the people around me actually smoke.

Help! I got an 1500word history essay due in two weeks time, but guess wat, I am actually looking forward to doing it, though time consuming, i believe it will bring tremendous satisfaction. OK, not making sense already from all that alcohol, got my 2nd French lesson later in the afternoon. Au revoir.

5 comments:

incognito said...

what kind of history u learning?

Anonymous said...

wah eugene singing! that i have to hear! =)
i miss KTV with u guys..

'in awe to know so many of the pple ard me actually smoke'
----> in AWE??? er ok. are u sure in 'AWE'?
and im glad too that u didn't accept that cigarette ;p

hs

ernest said...

yeap. left with 4 of us. and 1 in ntu, 1 in biz, 1 in sci and 1 in eng. differents paths we are taking but friends always.

know what? i have a 1500 word position paper due sometime soon and i am NOT looking forward to it. haha..

Xiong said...

To Hs:
Oops I think there is a problem! I thought I remembered the meaning of 'in awe' as "shocked" but I suppose I am rather wrong. Thanks for commenting

Xiong said...

To Geordie:
Hey its just my Singapore Studies Module, about 14th century Singapore, also about relevance of Singapore's history to us in the 21st century.