Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happie New Year 2005

Happy New Year 2005

Finally it's my year,the year that I become Operationally Ready. You may be wondering wat I am doing at home at this time on 31st December. I am not in Zouk, Sentosa, Orchard Road or Esplanade. No fireworks, just alone in front of this small monitor, in a 5-Rm HDB flat. Counting Down? I seemed to have grown out of it, dun think I see the point of standing with a big crowd, counting down the last 20 seconds before the start of a brand new year. Such precious moments should be spent with your dear ones, or at least alone reflecting on the previous year and make some resolutions for the coming year.

2004 had had its ups and downs, I lost my dearest aunt back in January. It had been a long time since I had shed my tears. Her departure was so sudden. The feeling was immense like a piece of flesh cut out from your body and the pain was indeed excruciating. Her image remains forever etched in my mind.

The offer of a teaching scholarship came in March and I accepted it. Partly due to interest to teach and influence people's lives and to lighten the financial burden for my Mum who got retrenched earlier in March. Close friends who knoe me well were concerned with my decision, the desire to teach was never strong in me but they never knew it became stronger when i see my tuition kid do well. This decision may probably affect my entire life and deep down inside in the bottom of my heart, i pray that i wont regret this.

I've finally stepped down as the company clerk in September after one year of service.It was an enriching experience, working with demanding superiors, unreasonable and incompetent people and orientating the new guys. Guess nothing wears me out as much as the constant need of putting on different masks when facing different people. Yes, I am a hypocrite and I don't deny it. Aren't You?

The one person I have let down most this year is probably her. It is a queer relationship that we are having now. There are things which seemed to be unsettled and I being a bastard (Vijay calls me this) am not doing much either. Don't think on the wrong tracks, it's not some drama serial that the guy got some girl pregnant or watsoever. I have to admit that I am selfish and that I need a lot of breathing space for myself. It aint easy to be the special someone in my life. The problem is with me, really.

I remembered noe of my new year resolutions for 2004 was to pass my driving but sadly i failed to accomplish that. Oh ya, my driving test is coming and stay tuned for the latest updates. 2005 got to be an exciting year ahead and I will be going back to my studying days. I am sure i need some oiling for my rusty brains. On a lighter note, here are some of my humble new year resolutions:

1) Pass my driving test!
2) Learn some photoshop, dreamweaver, HTML, flash and the list goes on
3) Enjoy my remaining mths in camp, 2 mths to be exact, with close dudes in camp
4) Get a relief teaching post at my alma mater or any other schools available
5) Be less hypocritcal?
6) A better person?


Quotes of the day:
1) "People around you are suffering because of the tsunami and you are talking about what you want for 21st birthday?"
2) "Mother Nature is punishing mankind for all the damage we had done to her, it's something called retribution"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dunno wad to comment.. i juz promised to comment on every entry d= oops.. i wanted to do an entry like wad u did oso.. a recap of 2004, but i wasnt at home! haha.. 回顾过去,展望未来! all e best for e new year my dear fren!