Friday, January 21, 2005

Inferiority Complex

iNfeRiOrItY cOmPleX

I think I am developing the above syndrome. it's probably due to certain events that have occurred to me these few days. Dun think I will care to elaborate much.
1) Quote "This kind of creative thing, Xiong cannot do one" Once again, guess have to re-emphasise that a company clerk, you only get tasks like "typing a document, interpretation of data etc" I was never tasked to take up higher-order tasks, which probably require more brain juices, these are reserved for those who are perceived to be more creative and flexible, maybe I am indeed less capable
2) OC wanted to appoint him as vice-chair, I am not jealous or envious; deep down inside I was just doubting my capabilities. Maybe I am indeed inferior.
3) WO Lui gave me an hourly rate of $2.60 to work in the workshop while there are people's hourly wage can be up to $8. Maybe I am indeed useless in the workshop.
4) Quote " Xiong drives like a girl". probably too defensive. Had a rather close shave in Yuwei's carpark, the car was like super close to the van. Maybe I indeed do not have the judgement for parking or driving.
5) Quote" IPPT keeps you fit, anyway u are unfit". I try to really put in my effort during life- runs, there aint much improvement. Probably no faster than when I was in DHS or VJC. Cant seem to coordinate my breathing along with my running pace, maybe I am indeed unfit.

I remembered I told myself in secondary one that I do not want to compete with people around me in terms of studies, sports or whatsoever. I just could not take it when there are people kept asking how much i got for this examination or test. I wanted to compete with myself and thus i set goals for myself to achieve. Seven years down the road, I realised I set goals quite easily attainable for myself. 12mins flat for my 2.4 timing and I am probably satisfied. I am not pushing myself to the limits. Been living in this comfort zone for too long, I begin to lose sight of my peers. I am oblivious to the surroundings, my peers are surging forward in this race, leaving me far far behind, living in my own world.

6 comments:

incognito said...

you poor thing. why don't you revocate and come to my store. look at how those bastards are treating you. just as well i left. don't think i can work in the company of so many assholes. never mind lah. only got 90 days to go as of today. think POSITIVE!!

Henry Koh said...

Aiya... dont like that lah.... Dont think that ppl are serious when they said that. Made alot of nasty comments on VJ but never really mean it...

Anonymous said...

"Xiong drives like a girl"
opps! I said that. But no i meant u are too careful...

Anonymous said...

That was me... -Peiyi

Anonymous said...

dun think so lowly of urself.. though i do dat sometimes too.. cheer up k.. *hugz*

Xiong said...

Thanks Henry for the encouragement. Just one of of moddy days when I will write about these stuff