Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Life Choices

lIfE cHoIcEs

Was reflecting back on certain decisions which i made in life, these are choices which I made they have definitely have a certain impact on my life and have the shaped the "Xiong" you know. What if

1) I made the decision to go to RI instead of DHS. I believe the secondary school u go to is like a scupltor who eventually shapes the whole character of a person. Of course, it was my parent's will for me to go DHS since young and since it's nearer to where i stayed, DHS was the natural choice. Being a traditional chinese medium school, with its strong emphasis on chinese literature and culture

2) Most of you may not know this, during the ECA sports selection, i was handpicked to join basketball. Had some tyco shots during the trials and they shortlisted m name to join. I only went for one training...

3) i took up japanese as a third lang in Secondary one. Too lazy to travel to Bishan after school hours, only to realise i have to travel from Bukit Panjang to Tanjong Rhu from sec 2 onwards.

4) did not choose Geo and E lit which i dint regret though I thought i was the C Lit kind. My Chinese standard has been stagnant since then.

5) Gone to NJ instead of VJ?

6) i choose to be a techinican and not the coy clerk. Will my repairing skills be superb?

7) Choose to be COPA when the opportunity came

8) Choose to go to S1 branch when she approach me. (For 7,8 I felt that bring born and bred in armament, I cant leave the company for possibly greener pasteurs?)

9) I choose to wait for Vijay and not board the bus alone this morning?

Well, no point brooding over the past, since these decisions have already been made. Sometimes I feel that I always like to live in the past. Just some food for thought i guess. SO now, time for me to look at the things i need to do for now till March:

1) Send out my letters of recommendation and cover letters for relief teaching to schools near my house.
2) Settle Unit anniversary stuff
3) Enjoy Chinese New year, get some hong Baos/ win some money
4) Do my unit clearance
5) Spend time in camp
5) Plan for my 21st birthday party
6) Find a part time job which pays well

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed. you,and any of us reading this blog entry now, has made many different choices in our lives. What is most important we do now regret any, or at least, haev ess regrets in making that decision.

-Peiyi